Durante, Bock & Tota PLLC 914-245-6060
Yorktown Heights Lawyer Firm Profile Testimonials Practice Areas Links Contact Us
We are a community law firm with a large range of practice areas. Choose a firm with over thirty years of experience. Why should you hire a lawyer?
Contact Us
Practice Area Information
Personal Injury
Family Law / Matrimonial
Business Law
Criminal Law / V&T
Landlord Tenant Law
Wills / Trusts / Estates / Probate
Collaborative Law Information
Collaborative Law
Attorney Information
Aaron C. Bock, Esq.
Daniel R. Tota, Esq.
Albert J. Durante, Esq.
Melissa A. D'Ippolito, Esq.
Christine M. Murphy, Esq.
Robert J. Hoffman, Esq. Of-Counsel
Ingrid E. O'Sullivan, Esq. Of-Counsel
Angelo G. MacDonald, Esq. Of-Counsel
Click here to visit our Blog

2000 Maple Hill Street, Suite 206, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598

Landlord Tenant Law in New York

Landlord tenant law can be extremely complex and confusing as there are so many different laws that may pertain to your specific situation. If you are facing a landlord tenant dispute or other issue then do not hesitate to speak with a representative from our firm to discuss your issue and how we may help you. There are rights and duties of tenants and landlords, there are various provisions made for tenants, landlords, evictions, mobile home issues, repairs, increased rent and many other issues.

As a tenant, you have various rights such as provision against eviction; provided that you have made the required payment and that you have not violated any substantial provision of the lease. You can be evicted only after your landlord has brought a court proceeding and has obtained a judgment of possession. If you are a landlord and you wish to evict a tenant of yours then you will greatly benefit from the legal assistance provided by our firm.

Evidence Required in Evicting a Tenant

If you are a landlord and you wish to have your tenant evicted for various reasons then there are various evidences that you must produce in order to establish a case. The evidence that you should be prepared to provide can include the following:

  • Original or certified copy of the deed to the building or home
  • The lease to the property you are suing if applicable
  • Registration statements
  • Record keeping book
  • Other documents relevant to the claims that you are making.

It is important to have skillful legal assistance in this process in order to properly prepare for this proceeding and to maximize your chances of obtaining your goals and desires in this case.

Contact our firm today for the legal assistance you need in your case.