Daniel R. Tota
Daniel is admitted to practice law in the states of New York and Connecticut. He is primarily engaged in real property law and business transactions and is also involved in criminal defense matters, estate planning and civil litigation.
Daniel graduated from the University of Hartford (magna cum laude) with Bachelor of Arts degrees in both Sociology and Criminal Justice. At the time of graduation, he was ranked number one in both departments and recognized by the faculty as the most outstanding graduate. Daniel then attended Brooklyn Law School where he earned his Juris Doctor.
As an undergraduate, he was employed by the Office of the Bronx District Attorney and subsequently by the United States Attorney's Office Southern District of New York. Daniel spent the majority of his time at these positions assisting New York State and the United States Government in the prosecution of felony cases and with investigations under the RICO statutes involving major gangs and their affiliates. Daniel was predominantly assigned to trial preparation work and was awarded a Certificate of Appreciation from the United States Department of Justice for his efforts.
Daniel began his legal career as an associate with Pappalardo & Pappalardo, LLP in Scarsdale, New York. At Pappalardo & Pappalardo, LLP, he gained experience working on a host of real property cases and real estate closings. He was also exposed to a wide variety of criminal defense cases and estate plans. During this time, Daniel founded and developed a real estate brokerage company. Following his tenure in Scarsdale, he joined Quinn & Associates in Yorktown Heights, New York where he continued to gain experience at a true general practice law firm. Shortly thereafter, Daniel co-founded Quinn, Bock & Tota, PLLC the predecessor of Durante, Bock & Tota, PLLC.
Daniel is a member of the New York State Bar Association, the Westchester Bar Association, the Yorktown Bar Association and the Women's Bar Association. Daniel is happily married to his wife Janice and lives locally. He and his wife were also born and raised locally. In his spare time, he enjoys playing lacrosse, golf and chess.
Areas Of Practice
- Real Estate
- Business Law
- Personal Injury
- New York
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- J.D. - 2003
- University of Hartford
- B.A. - 1999
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Ranked 1st in each department
- Major: Sociology
- Major: Criminal Justice
Classes / Seminars
- Featured Lecturer, Residential Real Estate, From Contract to Closing Without a Headache, Pace University
- Speaker, "From Contract to Closing Without a Headache,", Pace Law School CLE Program, April 13, 2013
- Guest Lecturer, William Raveis Brokerage Firm
Honors And Awards
- Certificate of Appreciation, United States Department of Justice, 1999
Professional Associations And Memberships
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Westchester Bar Association, Member
- Yorktown Bar Association, Member
- Women's Bar Association, Member
- Westchester County Bar, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Office of the Bronx District Attorney
- United States Attorney's Office Southern District of New York
- Pappalardo & Pappalardo, LLP, Scarsdale, New York, Associate
- Quinn & Associates, Yorktown Heights, New York
- Quinn, Bock & Tota, PLLC., Co-Founder, Co-Founder
Pro Bono Activities
- Member, Yorktown Chamber of Commerce