Benefit From More Than 100 Years
Of Combined Legal Experience

  1. Home
  2.  » Wills / Estate Administration / Probate

Guiding You Through Estate Administration / Probate

Whether a loved one died with or without a will, trust or other estate planning tools, it will be necessary to properly administer his or her estate. If an estate plan was in place, the person named executor is responsible for ensuring that everything is administered properly. If a person dies without a will or an estate plan, known as being intestate, then the estate must pass through probate. In either case, having skilled legal guidance on your side is essential to ensuring a smooth transition.

At the law firm of Durante, Bock & Tota, PLLC, our attorneys have more than 100 years of combined legal experience. We can help explore your options after a loved one has passed on. To schedule a consultation at our law offices in Yorktown Heights, call us at 914-245-6060.

The Probate Process

Probate is the legal process for ensuring that a deceased person’s debts are paid, and any property is distributed to the deceased’s heirs. While a person who dies intestate will always have to have his or her estate enter into probate, there are cases where a person who died with a will in place will still have to have some aspects of his or her estate pass through probate. Our lawyers can help guide you through this process every step of the way.

Legal Help For Executors

An executor is a personal representative, named in a will, who is responsible for overseeing an estate’s payments of debt and distributing the assets of an estate to the beneficiaries named in a will. An executor is considered to be a fiduciary, which means that the highest standard of care must be observed when administering an estate. We can help ensure that everything is carried out according to the law.

Contact Our Attorneys To Learn More

To find out more about wills, power of attorney documents, or the probate and estate administration process in New York, call us at 914-245-6060. You may also contact us online, and we will respond to your inquiry promptly.

Contact Our Firm